Do you thrive on getting under the skin of problems? Do you thrive on working with your team to solve problems? Maybe 3di is the place for you.
We are looking for a Technical Author with a proven track record to deliver quality technical documentation for our enterprise customers. You will be working with small technical communications teams as part of broader Service Delivery teams.
3di specialises in providing solutions that help our customers deliver technical content through digital and traditional media in multiple languages to achieve their business goals. This can include creating developer or customer support portals, embedded content in apps, or printed manuals. 3di’s teams create the content – text, graphics, and video – translate it, and provide the infrastructure to publish it.
3di works with organisations of all sizes providing technical authoring, translation, and digital services. Our customers, including world-renowned brands and specialist businesses such as Vodafone, Oxford Instruments, Phillips and Raymarine, all face complex communication challenges. They need that complexity made clear and we need your expertise to help deliver it.
3di have a team of around 40 with locations in Woking (UK), Edinburgh (UK), Kraków (Poland), and Guadalajara (Mx).
As a Technical Author, your role will include, but is not confined to:
- Working within small technical communications teams to deliver customer solutions.
- Authoring activities that relate directly to the production of the deliverables needed for any project.
- Liaising with customers to understand their requirements, and to ensure smooth delivery of the deliverables.
- English speaker to native level with excellent communication skills.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in science or engineering
- Experienced with DTP packages: MadCap Flare, FrameMaker.
- Experience with graphics packages: Illustrator, Photoshop, MadCap Capture.
- Experienced with HTML and related technologies.
- Enthusiastic with eagerness to learn.
- Team player with clear customer focus.
- Systematic with great attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management.
- Creative problem solver with a keen interest in
- Experienced working a docs-as-code process.
- Experienced with DITA/XML and Markdown.
- Experience with API documentation.
- Experience of working in a software development environment.
- Technology geek
- Content CI/CD
Role: Full-time (37.5 hrs / Week)
Location: Guadalajara (Mx)
Homeworking: Many 3di colleagues work mainly from home and find getting together with colleagues at least once a month really important
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you will thrive in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org