Do you thrive on getting under the skin of problems? Do you thrive on working with your team to solve problems? Maybe 3di is the place for you.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Author with a proven API documentation track record to deliver quality technical documentation for enterprise software or developer portals.
You will be leading small technical communications teams as part of broader Service Delivery teams. This will involve liaising day-to-day with customers to understand their requirements, then working with your team to implement those requirements.
3di specialises in providing solutions that help our customers deliver technical content through digital and traditional media in multiple languages to achieve their business goals. This can include creating developer or customer support portals, embedded content in apps, or printed manuals. 3di’s teams create the content – text, graphics, and video – translate it, and provide the infrastructure to publish it.
3di works with organisations of all sizes providing technical authoring, translation, and digital services. Our customers, including world-renowned brands and specialist businesses such as Vodafone, Oxford Instruments, Phillips and Raymarine, all face complex communication challenges. They need that complexity made clear and we need your expertise to help deliver it.
3di have a team of around 40 with locations in Woking, Edinburgh (UK), and Kraków (Poland).
As a Senior Technical Author, your role will include, but is not confined to:
- Leading a small technical communications team to deliver customer solutions
- Authoring activities that relate directly to the production of the deliverables needed for any project
- Liaising with customers to understand their requirements, and to ensure smooth delivery of the deliverables
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in science or engineering
- Experience with API documentation
- Experienced with writing tools, for example, MadCap Flare, FrameMaker, RoboHelp
- Experience with graphics software, for example, Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop
- Experienced with HTML, XML and Markdown
- Ability to read and understand source code written in at least one modern programming language
- Good working knowledge of Docs-as-Code processes
- Technology geek
- Content CI/CD
Role: Full-time (37.5 hrs / Week)
Location: Woking, Edinburgh or Krakow
Homeworking: Many 3di colleagues work mainly from home and find getting together with colleagues at least once a month really important
Start Date: 1st of August
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you will thrive in the role to email@example.com