Do you thrive on getting under the skin of problems? Do you thrive on working with your team to solve those problems? Do you want to be defining award-winning technical communications solutions? Maybe 3di is the place for you.
3di specialises in providing solutions that help our customers communicate the technical aspects of their products and services to their customers and staff. This involves creating the content as well as translating and distributing that content to the people who need it. This could be through multi-lingual information portals, e-learning, videos or embedded in mobile applications.
3di works with organisations of all sizes providing technical authoring, translation and localization services. We are a growing business, and the industries that our customers work in are growing too.
Our customers, including world-renowned brands and specialist businesses, all face complex communication challenges. They need that complexity made clear….and we need your expertise to deliver it.
3di have a team of around 40 with locations near Guildford, in Edinburgh, and in Krakow (Poland).
We are looking for a Technical Author with about 2-3 years’ a track record of delivering quality technical documentation for mechanical, electrical, or software products.
You will be leading small technical communications teams as part of broader Service Delivery teams. This will involve working with our consultants to design solutions, and then working with your team to implement those solutions.
As a Technical Author, your role will include, but is not confined to:
- Working with small technical communications teams to deliver customer solutions
- Authoring activities that relate directly to the production of the deliverables needed for any project
- Liaising with customers to ensure smooth delivery of the deliverables
- Contributing to the development of 3di’s services, expertise, quality processes and financial success
- Work with the sales team to develop new customer relationships
- Enthusiastic with eagerness to learn
- Team player with clear customer focus
- Systematic with great attention to detail
- Self-motivated with excellent time management
- Creative problem solver with keen interest in technology
- Native-level English speaker with excellent written communication skills
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in science or engineering
- Experienced with DTP packages: FrameMaker, RoboHelp, MadCap Flare
- Experienced with graphics packages: Illustrator, Photoshop, MadCap Capture
- Experienced with HTML and related technologies
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word and other MS Office packagess
- Experienced with DITA/XML and markdown
- Experience with API documentation
- Second language
- Experience of working in a software development environment
- ISTC Member or Fellow
Reporting to Head of Technical Communications
Role: Full time (37.5 hrs / week)
Location: Ripley, Surrey
Start date: ASAP
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com quoting Job Ref. TA91062