We are looking for a Technical Author with a track record of delivering quality technical documentation for enterprise software and APIs.
You will be leading small technical communications teams as part of broader Service Delivery teams. This will involve working with our consultants to design solutions, and then working with your team to implement those solutions.
3di specialises in providing solutions that help our customers deliver technical content through digital and traditional media in multiple languages to achieve their business goals. This can include creating developer or customer support portals, embedded content in apps, or printed manuals. 3di’s teams create the content – text, graphics and video – translate it, and provide the infrastructure to publish it.
3di works with organisations of all sizes providing technical authoring, translation and digital services. Our customers, including world-renowned brands and specialist businesses such as Vodafone, GE, Skype and London Underground, all face complex communication challenges. They need that complexity made clear….and we need your expertise to deliver it.
3di have a team of around 35 with locations in Woking, Edinburgh, and Krakow.
You love working with customers to solve their problems and help them succeed. You have a passion for digital technology and how it can help achieve business goals.
As a Senior Technical Author, your role will include, but is not confined to:
- Leading small technical communications teams to deliver customer solutions
- Authoring activities that relate directly to the production of the deliverables needed for any project
- Liaising with customers to ensure smooth delivery of the deliverables
- Liaising with our partners to ensure successful delivery of projects
- Contributing to the development of 3di’s services, expertise, quality processes and financial success
- Work with the sales team to develop new customer relationships
- Talent for leading, supporting and encouraging others
- Enthusiastic with eagerness to learn
- Team player with clear customer focus
- Systematic with great attention to detail
- Self-motivated with excellent time management
- Creative problem solver with keen interest in technology
- English speaker to native level with excellent written communication skills
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in science or engineering
- Experienced working a docs-as-code process
- Experienced with HTML and related technologies
- Experienced with DITA/XML and markdown
- Experience with graphics packages: Illustrator, Photoshop, MadCap Capture
- Experience with API documentation
- Experienced with DTP packages such as MadCap Flare, FrameMaker, RoboHelp
- Experience of working in a software development environment
- Second language
- ISTC Member or Fellow
Reporting to Technical Communications Team Lead
Role: Full time (37.5 hrs / week)
Start date: Immediate
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you will thrive in the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref. TA02081