3di specialises in providing solutions that help our customers communicate the technical aspects of their products and services to their customers and staff. This involves creating the content as well as translating and distributing that content to the people who need it. This could be through multi-lingual information portals, e-learning, videos or embedded in mobile applications.
3di works with organisations of all sizes providing technical authoring, translation and localization services. We are a growing business, and the industries that our customers work in are growing too.
Our customers, including world-renowned brands and specialist businesses, all face complex communication challenges. They need that complexity made clear….and we need your expertise to deliver it.
3di have an in-house team of around 40 with locations near Guildford, in Edinburgh, and in Krakow (Poland).
We are looking for a Technical Author with 2-3 years’ experience working with mechanical or electrical products.
You will thrive on getting under the skin of customer problems and working with customers and your team to solve those problems.
As a Technical Author, your role will include, but is not confined to:
- Authoring activities that relate directly to the production of the deliverables needed for any project
- Contributing to 3di’s excellent customer relations
- Contributing to the development of 3di’s services, expertise, quality processes and financial success
- Enthusiastic with eagerness to learn
- Team player with clear customer focus
- Systematic with great attention to detail
- Self-motivated with excellent time management
- Creative problem solver with keen interest in technology
- Native English speaker with excellent written communication skills
- Degree level qualification in science or engineering or equivalent
- Experienced with DTP and graphics packages: FrameMaker, RoboHelp, MadCap, Illustrator etc.
- Experienced with DITA/XML, HTML and related technologies
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word and other MS Office packages
- Second language
- Experience of working in a software development environment
- ISTC Member or Fellow
Reporting to Head of Technical Communications
Role: Full time (37.5 hrs / week)
Location: Ripley, Surrey
Start date: ASAP
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref. TA71085