What is technical writing?
Good technical writing creates clear information about complex products, machinery, software and processes. It delivers significant value when it adds to the customer experience, reduces risks, and supports digital transformation.
Easy to find
Easy to understand
Easy to maintain
Typical issues encountered when creating technical content
- Lack of resources dedicated to content writing → Other employees write documentation “on the side”
- Weak communication between engineers and content creators
- Very little attention given to understanding what customers need
- Writing and publishing is inefficient and painful
- Content is never updated, badly organised and inconsistent
Nobody reads the content, nobody trusts it, and nobody thinks it is worth spending time on.
Why work with us?
- Your best people remain focused on your core business where their time is much better spent working on your product
- Technical writing is what we do every day, so we have lots of experience
- We have tools and processes which would not be feasible for you to get
- We know what to do to make your content even more valuable than it is now
- We save you the trouble and the headache of figuring everything out yourself
Accelerated time to market – We are fast!
Your product is almost ready, and now would be the perfect time to write the content. But you cannot devote core resources to it and cannot wait to hire dedicated staff. Using us as a service provider makes you move faster because we are set and ready to go.
Compliance and safety
With complex and advanced products, comprehensive documentation is a must. We have experience following compliance rules for a given industry and making sure your documentation passes all required certification.
To give you the best content possible, we do something called information design or information architecture. It is a series of user tests and a lot of analysis that helps us come up with the best content structure possible. We use UX techniques like card sorting to organise information into groups and put it in the greater context of your knowledge ecosystem.
With modern technology, you often need to explain how your product makes your customers’ lives better. We can put your ideas into consumer terms and create a bridge between technical content and non-technical people.
We go beyond text creation. We can show your user’s journey across your content to identify what needs more exposure, what needs more work, and what is less necessary (so you can, for example, translate it less often). We can also help you analyse and optimise search terms on your site or knowledge base.