DITA consulting: implementation support and templates
We’re all facing the same business challenges, aren’t we? We want to increase productivity, reduce costs, and serve an increasingly global market place.
Structured XML authoring can deliver a response to these challenges. Authors write and store words as XML – essentially as plain text. A separate, automated process publishes the words as formatted pages of printed or online publications. The benefits are evident:
- increased author productivity because they can focus on what they do best – writing
- reduced translation costs because the words are plain text
- opportunities to further reduce costs by rationalising the way you manage, reuse and repurpose your documentation
At 3di we offer you our experience from working with clients who have adopted structured XML. Our consultants can help you choose the XML publishing tools that are best suited to your organisation. Within the framework of the DITA implementation we can also provide technical authors with experience of structured authoring.
XML consulting to help you make a successful transition
3di can work with you during the analysis and planning stages. We can help you understand what’s needed to help you achieve a successful transition to structured authoring.
Your organisation must decide what XML applications to use and whether you need to replace your traditional authoring tools. You may need to invest in a content management system, including special software that transforms the XML into publishable files.
Your documentation team must carefully review and adapt its processes and practices.
How can we help you? DITA implementation support
We can help your organisation benefit from the experience of people who have adopted structured XML in previous projects. As part of the consultation DITA consulting our consultants can help you choose the XML publishing tools that are best suited to your organisation.
We can also provide you with technical authors who can use their experience in structured authoring to:
- convert existing documentation to XML
- help your documentation team to review and revise its processes to fit the new authoring environment
- support your authors as they learn new tools and techniques