Do you have a science or engineering degree? Do you like explaining your subject to other people? Do you love learning and developing new skills? Maybe you could be our new technical author.
We are looking for an energetic graduate or post-graduate to join our team and train as a technical author.
3di specialises in providing solutions that help our customers communicate the technical aspects of their products and services to their customers and staff. This involves creating the content – text, graphics and video – then translating, and distributing that content to the people who need it. This could be through multi-lingual information portals, e-learning, videos or embedded in mobile applications.
3di works with organisations of all sizes providing technical authoring, translation and localization services. We are a growing business, and the industries that our customers work in are growing too.
Our customers, including world-renowned brands and specialist businesses, all face complex communication challenges. They need that complexity made clear….and we need your expertise to deliver it.
3di have an in-house team of around 35 with locations in Woking (UK), Edinburgh (UK), and Krakow (Poland).
We are looking for someone to join us as a Junior Technical Communicator to work with our customers developing scientific, electronic, and robotic devices.
3di will provide a comprehensive training period covering all aspects of technical communications. Following training, you will be mentored and involved with customer projects from an early stage giving you real hands-on experience. On successful completion of your training, you will be an active participant in customer projects.
- Completing the training program
- Working closely with your colleagues to solve problems for customers
- Creating content for the production of the deliverables
- Contributing to the development of 3di’s services, expertise, quality processes and financial success
- An ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and systems, and communicate them effectively
- Enthusiastic with a passion for learning
- Team player with clear customer focus
- Systematic with great attention to detail
- Creative problem solver with a keen interest in technology
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- English to native speaker level with excellent written communication skills
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and other MS Office packages
- Experience with desktop packages: FrameMaker, RoboHelp, MadCap, LaTeX
- Experience with graphics packages: Illustrator, Photoshop etc.
- Experienced with HTML and related technologies
- Science, computer science or engineering background
Location: Edinburgh and Woking
Start date: Immediate
Role: Full time (37.5 hrs / week)
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com quoting Job Ref. TA21121