Do you thrive on getting under the skin of problems? Do you thrive on working with your team to solve problems? Maybe 3di is the place for you.
We are looking for a Technical Author with a track record of delivering quality technical documentation for enterprise software, or developer documentation.
You will be leading small technical communications teams as part of broader Service Delivery teams. This will involve liaising day-to-day with customers to understand their requirements, then working with your team to implement those requirements.
3di specialises in providing solutions that help our customers deliver technical content through digital and traditional media in multiple languages to achieve their business goals. This can include creating developer or customer support portals, embedded content in apps, or printed manuals. 3di’s teams create the content – text, graphics and video – translate it, and provide the infrastructure to publish it.
3di works with organisations of all sizes providing technical authoring, translation and digital services. Our customers, including world-renowned brands and specialist businesses such as Vodafone, GE, Skype and London Underground, all face complex communication challenges. They need that complexity made clear….and we need your expertise to deliver it.
3di have a team of around 40 with locations in Woking, Edinburgh (UK), and Kraków (Poland).
You love working with customers to solve their problems and helping them succeed. You have a passion for digital technology and how it can help achieve business goals.
As a Technical Author, your role will include, but is not confined to:
- Leading a small technical communications team to deliver customer solutions
- Authoring activities that relate directly to the production of the deliverables needed for any project
- Liaising with customers to understand their requirements, and to ensure smooth delivery of the deliverables
- Talent for leading, supporting and encouraging others
- Enthusiastic with eagerness to learn
- Team player with clear customer focus
- Systematic with great attention to detail
- Self-motivated with excellent time management
- Creative problem solver with a keen interest in technology
- English speaker to native level with excellent communication skills
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in science or engineering
- Experienced with DTP packages: MadCap Flare, FrameMaker, RoboHelp,
- Experience with graphics packages: Illustrator, Photoshop, MadCap Capture
- Experienced with HTML and related technologies
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word and other MS Office packages
- Experienced working a docs-as-code process
- Experienced with DITA/XML and markdown
- Experience with API documentation
- Experience of working in a software development environment
- Second language
- ISTC Member or Fellow
Role: Full time (37.5 hrs / week)
Location: Edinburgh or Woking (UK)
Start date: Immediate
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you will thrive in the role to email@example.com quoting Job Ref. TA12041