Do you thrive on getting under the skin of problems? Do you thrive on working with your team to solve problems? Maybe 3di is the place for you.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Author with a track record of delivering quality technical documentation for enterprise software, or developer documentation.
You will be leading small technical communications teams as part of broader Service Delivery teams. This will involve liaising day-to-day with customers to understand their requirements, then working with your team to implement those requirements.
3di specialises in providing solutions that help our customers deliver technical content through digital and traditional media in multiple languages to achieve their business goals. This can include creating developer or customer support portals, embedded content in apps, or printed manuals. 3di’s teams create the content – text, graphics, and video – translate it, and provide the infrastructure to publish it.
3di works with organisations of all sizes providing technical authoring, translation, and digital services. Our customers, including world-renowned brands and specialist businesses such as Vodafone, GE, Skype, and London Underground, all face complex communication challenges. They need that complexity made clear….and we need your expertise to deliver it.
3di have a team of around 40 with locations in Woking, Edinburgh (UK), and Kraków (Poland).
As a Senior Technical Author, your role will include, but is not confined to:
- Leading a small technical communications team to deliver customer solutions
- Authoring activities that relate directly to the production of the deliverables needed for any project
- Liaising with customers to understand their requirements, and to ensure smooth delivery of the deliverables
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in science or engineering
- Experienced with DTP packages: MadCap Flare, FrameMaker, RoboHelp,
- Experience with graphics packages: Illustrator, Photoshop, MadCap Capture
- Experienced with HTML and related technologies
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word and other MS Office packages
- Good working knowledge of Docs-as-code processes, DITA/XML, Markdown, API documentation would be advantageous
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you will thrive in the role to email@example.com quoting Job Ref. TA12042