Business processes and procedures
If you have invested in deciding how your organisation needs to work (processes) and in what your staff need to do (procedures), then surely it’s worth investing in communicating and managing that information.
More than anything, this information lives or dies based on trust. Do your staff trust that they will be able to find what they need, and do they trust it will be correct and easy to understand?
3di can help you create information that will be easy to find, understand, act on, and maintain. Typically, we will:
- Agree with you what information people will really need to know, and ensure we understand the contexts in which they will need to access it.
- Work with your process owners, and with staff who are actually doing the tasks that the procedures describe.
- Create an information model that establishes a structure, a tone of voice, navigation and formatting conventions.
- Get the best from your preferred technologies: for example, Microsoft SharePoint and O365, or Atlassian Confluence.
- Prototype combinations of text, tables, graphics, flow-charts, check-lists, play-books, animations and videos, to establish what works best for you.
- Ensure your team can replicate what we have produced.
What’s your context for needing to improve your processes and procedures?
Whatever is driving your need to improve how you communicate, 3di can combine proven approaches with authors who understand your context and the subject matter:
- GDPR implementation – documenting your policies, processes and procedures relating to privacy and personal data.
- ISO9001 preparation – creating clear information about your quality management system.
- Supporting a growing team – your organisation is growing strongly, and you need to agree a consistent and easy-to-manage way of communicating about what happens, and what to do.
- Merging businesses or departments – simplify and organise how you will work in future.
- Responding to audit feedback or a serious problem – you need to review and fix the way you document and manage your processes and procedures.
Information designTechnical Writing
Auth0 provides authentication and authorization as a service for app developers. It offers…
Technical WritingTranslation and Localization
British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one…
Consulting, Tools and TrainingNewsTechnical WritingTranslation and Localization
Write2Users Conference 2017
The fifth edition of Write2Users Conference, organized by the Danish company Write2Users, was…
Consulting, Tools and TrainingPracticesTechnical WritingTranslation and Localization
Here’s why you STILL need a software manual
The death of the software manual has been announced many times before, like…